|Cause of Death
||Providence, Rhode Island
One of Rhode Island's most prominent politicians Green's grave is located in the rear of the
is interred in Providence's Swan Point Cemetery. cemetery, beside one of its long, winding
He served four terms in the This flag adorns the late senator's grave.
United States Senate.
*** Interesting Facts ***
* Theodore Green became a member of the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 1907. This was Green's first job in the political world.
* Green served as Rhode Island's 57th governor from 1933-1937. From 1937 until 1961, he served in the U.S. Senate. The senator was 92 years old upon his retirement.
* Despite being an avid advocate for the Democratic Party, Green had many Republican allies, which included President Dwight Eisenhower.
* Toward the end of his active political career, Green worked closely with future President Lyndon Johnson. Together, the two were able to accomplish many tasks, including passing the Civil Rights Act of 1957.
* Rhode Island's main airport, the T.F. Green Airport, is named after the senator.
Political Party: Democratic Party
Last Words: Unknown