|Cause of Death||Age||Burial Location||Vice President Grave #|
|Unknown||66||Indianapolis, Indiana||6th in my collection|
* Hendricks studied law at Hanover College, and he was admitted to the bar in 1843.
* In 1848, Hendricks served as the speaker of the Indiana House of Representatives.
* Like his Uncle William, Thomas Hendricks served as the governor of Indiana.
* Thomas Hendricks was often in poor health. In November of 1885, Hendricks was traveling to his home state of Indiana when he said he felt ill. He went to bed early, and died in his sleep during the course of the night. He had sent for his wife beforehand, but she never received the message to come upstairs.
Second Lady: Eliza Morgan Hendricks
- Spouse: Eliza Morgan Hendricks (1823-1903)
Political Party: Democratic Party
Served Under: Stephen Grover Cleveland (1885)
Last Words: "I am free at last. Send for Eliza."